Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Need a Dessert For a Dinner Party? Try a Cheesecake

I always seem to have less time than I thought, so I usually start with ice cream. If you want it to look really nice, invest in a restaurant style scooper. There is no limit to the variety of different toppings that you can try. I'm a big fan of strawberries and pecans.

For a quick and easy dessert or "anytime-treat", I put plain vanilla ice cream together with strawberry and banana slices in the blender. I leave it thick and we eat it with a spoon, but you can add a little milk and serve your own fresh milkshakes.

As far as convenience goes, we have much to choose from in the grocery stores, these days. I'm not a big fan of the mixes. The taste is not the best and they often don't set. I love cheesecake, but that no-bake version that comes in a box is pretty "tasteless". But, sometimes I do occasionally buy a ready-made crust and fill it with canned fruit fillings. To give apple pie a personal flair, I'll slice green apples and arrange them on top. Of course, this has to be done right before serving or the slices will turn brown.

Fruit is always a quick and easy dessert and the healthiest choice. I like using half of a honeydew melon as a serving bowl. Just scoop out the melon, put it in a large bowl, toss with a variety of fresh berries and serve. Return to the melon halves and serve.

Since, occasionally I run into a situation that requires a quick and easy dessert suitable for a party or dinner guests. I got "stuck" too many times in the past, so I decided to order one of the beautiful cheesecakes from CheesecakeDelivered.Com and store it in the freezer.

They can be stored frozen for up to four months, but since we often have unexpected guests, they never last that long. And, of course, they are only good for one meal, because they are so delicious. I've tried practically every variety, now, and I'm never disappointed. Personally, I prefer cheesecake, but they have quite a selection of other pastries. Elegant cakes, fruit tarts, sugar-free and even all organic are just some of the things they have to choose from. They offer next day delivery and you can order up to a year in advance,in case you have that much time to plan. It never happens to me, but I know that some people are that well organized.

Just to recap; my quick and easy dessert ideas include ice cream, fruit, pecans or other nuts and cheesecake Enjoy!

No comments: